Hey everyone! DIY Sunday is slowly becoming a thing, especially since the weather has been awful this weekend. It’s been raining for days now and you can feel that winter is just around the corner. I don’t like decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving, but this grey weather inspired me to bring a little early Christmas spirit to our home.
This orange peel star garland is so easy to make and I guarantee you that your house is going to smell amazing while the little orange peel stars are drying in the oven! Bonus point: You can eat the oranges you used for this DIY as a healthy snack!
What you need
- star-shaped cutter
- sharp knife
- piece of yarn
- Preheat the oven to 120°C / 250°F.
- Peel the oranges in large segments.
- Place the cutter on the orange peel, take your knife and cut around it.
- Use your knife or a thick needle to pinch a small hole through each star.
- Place the stars on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes (watch carefully, they burn quickly!) / Alternatively, you can also dry them at room temperature, but this might take a couple of days.
- Let them cool completely.
- Thread the yarn through the stars and you’re done!
Hope you’re having an awesome week!