Drinking a flavourful and delicious cup of hot chocolate is one of the best things about the cold season. As the days grow darker and the weather gets nastier, it is just the best drink to enjoy on a cosy winter evening in your comfy sweater, reading your favourite book.
Although the classic version is already delicious, I love to add cinnamon and vanilla to mine, especially around Christmas time. Well, I basically add cinnamon to everything at the moment, sooo….Well, here is my current favourite hot chocolate variation! 🙂
What you need
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (or more, if you like)
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml / 1 cup milk
- optional: whipping cream, chocolate sprinkles
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Add 4-5 tablespoons of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the rest of the milk and whisk in the syrup when it starts to simmer.
- Pour the mixture into a cup and (optional) add whipping cream and chocolate sprinkles.
- Enjoy 🙂
See you soon 🙂